When You Need An Easy Dinner Recipe That Will Please The Whole Family, Try Whipping Up Some Old Fashioned Goulash! Everyone Loves This Hodgepodge Of Macaroni Noodles, Ground Beef, Tomatoes, Cheese, And Seasonings!
Goulash is a soup or stew of meat, usually seasoned with paprika and other spices. Originating from the medieval Hungary, goulash is a popular meal predominantly eaten in Central Europe but also in other parts of Europe.
We make goulash for dinner all the time, and although I’m sure we have a very American version of the recipe, we wanted to make sure we shared our Cheesy Beef Goulash recipe with you today – because it’s delicious! 🙂
It is filled with noodles, hamburger, tomatoes and cheese!! Although we really don’t consider our “American Goulash” (or “Old Fashioned Goulash”) a stew, we love this cheesy dish that can be easily modified based on the ingredients you love most.
This recipe has a number of different seasonings, but it is simple enough to please all ages. The whole family loves it, and I love it because it’s simple and tasty.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 c water
- 2 cans tomato sauce 15 oz cans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes 15 oz cans
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB seasoned salt
- 2 TB Italian seasoning
- 2 c elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving.