This No Bake Woolworth Cheesecake is a classic, light and lemony dessert and will be the perfect addition to your Easter or Mother’s Day menu!
- 1 3oz lemon Jell-0
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs (3 cups) more for thicker crust divided
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can evaporated milk, well chilled or 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Mix 3/4 graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well blended, press into bottom of the 9 X 13 pan to form a crust. Save rest of crumbs to sprinkle on top of dessert.
- Beat the Evaporated milk/heavy cream until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with mixer until smooth.
- Add thickened Jell-O and slowly mix in whipped evaporated milk.
- Spread filling over the crust and sprinkle with reserved graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Chill at least 2 hours and up to overnight, store covered in refrigerator.
NOTES:The easiest part! The ingredients in the cheesecake filling are simply cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice (this really gives it a special touch), lemon jell-o (for stability – keeps it fluffy) and evaporated milk.
While rich, it has a slightly aerated texture which is quite different from a New York cheesecake which is much denser and calls for twice as much cream cheese as this recipe!
TIP: I have made this with the chilled evaporated milk and also with heavy whipping cream. I couldn’t tell much difference in the texture or taste. Use either one you have on hand. The biggest trick is remembering to chill the can milk and that’s what led me to try it out with whipping cream.