Pizza Crisps were born out of hunger for a long overdue lunch. I poked my nose in the fridge to see if there was anything super quick I could just grab.
Now I’m sure you know like I do that ‘super quick’ and ‘just grab’ aren’t usually used in the same breath as the phrase ‘low carb’.
In fact the usual phrase would be ‘planning and preparation’. But we both know that’s not always possible in the real world.
- 2 Thin rounds of Provolone cheese
- 10 thins slices of pepperoni
- Place Provolone rounds on baking parchment.
- Top the cheese evenly with the slices of pepperoni.
- Place in microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- If Pizza Crisps aren't ready, continue microwaving in 20 second intervals till done.
- When cheese has become lacy and is browning at the edges it is finished.
- Allow Pizza crisps to cool on the parchment until they become firm.
- When removing them from parchment, you may wish to blot excess oil on a paper towel before placing them on a plate to serve.
- A few tablespoons of your favorite marinara makes a wonderful dipping sauce for the Pizza Crisps