Remember when I said I had lots of plans for my Fathead Bagel Dough? These Keto Bagel Dogs are one of them! They're chewy, delicious, and spectacular dipped in cheese sauce, honey mustard, or even ranch!
This recipe makes 4-6 bagel dogs, depending on how big the hot dogs are, but you could also double or triple the batch and make more because they freeze and reheat really well.
The possibilities are endless with keto bagel dogs, because of all the cheese and toppings choices:
- Poppy Seed
Just think about your favorite bagel store and all the options they offer that you could replicate with your fathead dough!
- 1¾ cups Almond Flour
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 2.5 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 lg Eggs
- Sesame Seeds, or garnish of choice
- 6 Good Quality Hot Dogs
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the almond flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the Mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Add the almond flour mixture and eggs to the melted cheese and use your hands to combine all the ingredients until thoroughly mixed. The dough will be very sticky, but it's important to mix it quickly while still hot, and make sure it is very well combined.
- Divide the dough into 6 even parts, rolling each out into a rope, then molding each around one of the hot dogs.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired, and baked at 400 for 10-14 minutes. Let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then remove and enjoy!